702 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobby_Gay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have been trying to create an automation with a Google Calendar trigger where, upon the creation of a new calendar event, a record is created in my Airtable base. I can look at the appointment in my Google Calendar (9/3/22 from noon to 1pm). When I look in my base, the start and stop time values are displayed as 5:00pm and 6:00pm.

The Title, Date, Start/Stop Times of the Calendar Event read as follows (in Google Calendar):

“Test Event 3
Sep 3, 2022 12:00pm to 1:00pm Sep 3, 2022 (GMT-5:00) Central Time - Chicago time zone”

I went back to check my automation routine in Airtable and, upon generating a preview, it shows start and stop times of 5:00pm and 6:00pm. The formula I used to translate the GMT (Start and End) fields into the correct time format is below. The format is fine. The values are wrong by 5 hours.

DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Begin GMT},‘Chicago/Ilinois’), ‘hh:mm a’)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hey @Bobby_Gay!

All the pieces are in the correct place. However, the time zone specifier parameter in the SET_TIMEZONE function isn’t valid.

Give this formula a shot:

DATETIME_FORMAT(
    SET_TIMEZONE(
        {Begin GMT},
        'America/Chicago'
    ),
    'hh:mm a'
)

Here’s a link to the supported parameters for the formula.

While the supported specifiers aren’t comprehensive, they do provide full coverage.

It might’ve been confusing since the editor doesn’t throw you a syntax error upon saving with the Chicago/Illinois parameter, but I’m pretty sure that’s your culprit.

Bullseye! Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Thanks Ben. It works now!