965 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a large number of properties in a table (~3000) and am using the Map App to display their locations. When I open the app, I get a very long delay (as it plots each property?). A display top right of the map shows me how many remaining, with the spinning progress wheel. Even when I restrict my app to a filter view with only 100 or so properties it takes quite a while (2 or 3 min).

Am I using this wrong? I guess it’s pretty handy displaying only a handfull of locations but how would I use it that way?

Also, we’d like to download Street View images and save in Airtable. Possible?

I’m guessing this is request and response only. Filter your selected properties into a view, open the app, see what you need. Click Street View if you want, but save nothing?

Does anyone in the community have insights into how else to use this app?

1 Reply 1

Airtable’s map app is fundamentally flawed. It also eats up unnecessary Google API credits, so you end up paying tons of extra unnecessary money to Google.

Your best alternative would probably be to use the MiniExtensions’ map feature:

You might also be able to create something on your own with MapBox. It doesn’t have native integration with Integromat (nor Zapier) yet, but you could definitely use Integromat to make custom API calls between Airtable and Mapbox. Check out the 2 links below: