870 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bzhang42
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to import a Google Sheet containing ~500 rows of data into Airtable. Airtable successfully detects the data, including the column labels, but after I confirm and press the “Import” button, it always throws this error. How can I fix this?

airtable_issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tom_Engstrom
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I ran into the same problem with importing a Sheets with multiple tabs and some lookup formulas from one tab to another. I first tried exporting it from Sheets to an XLSX and then importing that to AirTable but got the same error. What worked was importing a single tab individually to CSV and then importing that to AirTable. I didn’t need to have the linkages and formulas between the tabs so that worked out for me in this case.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Tom_Engstrom
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I ran into the same problem with importing a Sheets with multiple tabs and some lookup formulas from one tab to another. I first tried exporting it from Sheets to an XLSX and then importing that to AirTable but got the same error. What worked was importing a single tab individually to CSV and then importing that to AirTable. I didn’t need to have the linkages and formulas between the tabs so that worked out for me in this case.