Help

Google translate blocked on support.airtable.com?

880 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean_Francois_B
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey everyone, I have developed a simple formula that use Google to translate English from French (or what ever language you want) by pressing a button from an original URL inserted in any table. But it seamed that Airtable is blocking the translation from Google Translate… Maybe I’m paranoiac, and it’s just my IP blocked but as Airtable is not available in any other language than English right now it would be really senseless to do such a thing right?
My formula works on other sites, so it is not on Google end, could someone explain why it is blocked please?

This is a link example:

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, it does seem like Airtable’s support website is completely blocked from Google Translate.

I would email support@airtable.com to ask them about this, and post back here with what they say.

In the meantime, your much better option for automating translations in Airtable would be to use Make’s Google Translate automations and integrations. You can even use better translation tools like DeepL or Yandex.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with the links to a few other Make training resources. To instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld