Help

Hand sorting different lists from single table? Kanban?

600 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Jones
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m working in an Airtable that lists about 75 records for individual slides for use in around 25 presentations. Each slide is synced back to another base where I manage code names/version numbers etc… Each presentation will use 10-15 of the slides in different orders and quantities. In a perfect world, I’d like to be able to drag and drop slides in Kanban stacks and allow collaborators arrange them in the way that fits each presentation.

As it is, I tried sorting the slides using this method, but each new list unsorts the previous list. When I tried creating new synced tables in the base, I quickly maxed out the limit of tables I could duplicate in the base (never mind the redundancy of many tables containing identical data).

Ideally, it’d be great to go down the master grid and use a multi select dropdown to put “slide A” in list 1, 7, 8, 12, “slide B” in list 1, 4, 13, 20, “slide C” in 1,2,3,6,8…and so on. Then use filters to show only the items in list 1, then sort manually into the desired running sequence and share/export a list for the presentation team to build in order.

Is there an obvious solution that I am overlooking?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Steven_Jones! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Yes: the one that you described here…

Adding a {Presentations} multiple-select field to your master [Slides] table would let you assign each slide to multiple presentations. You can then filter by a single presentation from that multiple-select field, rearrange the record order, then output the data for others to review (you didn’t mention specifics on what kind of output you want, but we can discuss options if you have a preference). If you want to make it easy to return to a given presentation grouping to make changes, make one view per presentation, with each one filtering on a different option in the {Presentations} multiple-select field.