Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Having trouble prefilling multiple select field in miniExtensions form

157 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to open a record in a miniExtensions form prefilling values from Airtable fields - including a multi-select field.
I’ve used an extension to build a formula. The resulting URL works fine with an Airtable form, which populates all fields, including the multi select.
The miniExtension form won’t prefil the multi-select field using the same formula.
I can see the cause. The Airtable formula retrieves an array of values for the mini select field. However, it inserts a space after each comma.

Can anyone suggest how to adjust the formula to take out the spaces?

Story form” &
“prefill_Idea%20Status=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Idea Status} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Story%20title=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Story title} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Magazine%20section=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Magazine section} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Audiences2=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Audiences2} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Magazine%20issue=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Magazine issue} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Notes=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Notes} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Task=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Task} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Online%20platforms=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Online platforms} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Newsletters=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Newsletters} & “”) & “&” &
“prefill_Online%20pub%20date=” & ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Online pub date} & “”)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

I found that it is the URL encode function that inserts the space.
As a solution, I wrapped the URL encode function with Regex_replace to remove the space trailing the commas. The miniExtensions form now works fine.

REGEX_REPLACE(ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT({Audiences2} & “”),“%2C%20”,“%2C”)