cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diane_Harris
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I need help with a formula. I have a column where I enter the amount we actually spent on an item. We then compare that to our budget column. However, some items are not included in the budget but we do want to see what we paid for them. To control this I created a column called (Exclude from Spend) with a check mark. However now is the hard part…how to have a final Spend column, that doesn’t include the check marked items. I know it’s a formula If Exclude from Spend is checked, do not include the amount or subtract the amount from the Final Spend column. But I have no idea where to start writing that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Extrapolating from Jason’s formula:

IF({Exclude from Spend}, "0", {Spend})

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Diane_Harris! Behind the scenes, a checkmark is either a 1 (for checked), or a 0 (for unchecked), so you can use those values in your formula.

It should look something like this:
IF( {Exclude from Spend}, FORMULA TO RUN IF CHECKED, FORMULA TO RUN IF UNCHECKED )

Diane_Harris

Hi Jason,

Thank you that is sort of helpful. Ha. I wat to say if the Exclude from Spend is check “$0” and if the Exclude from Spend is not checked then = “Spend” column. I just don’t know how to write all of that!

Thank you for your help.
Diane

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Extrapolating from Jason’s formula:

IF({Exclude from Spend}, "0", {Spend})

Diane_Harris

Ok I think that works! I can’t get it to format to a dollar amount but at least it imports over and I can pull from it to another column and format it in dollar amount.

If you adjust “0” to just 0 it should format properly as a number: IF({Exclude from Spend}, 0, {Spend})

Diane_Harris

Thank you, that worked!