Help

Help Formatting "Linked Record" Fields on Airtable Forms (with screenshots)

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
308 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I'm trying to create a "Sign Up Page" using an Airtable Form, however, it's not working like I want it to :).

I have 1 Table which is the Available Time Slots, and 1 Table which is the SignUps & associated SignUp Form.

The problem is that I want my Linked Record (Available Time Slots) to show up in a Grid Format on the Form (either Old Forms or Interface Forms), however, the only option I seem to have is a "+" sign that says "Add Record" that gives a Drop Down menu. Is there anyway I can customize this to display in a better format for folks signing up for a time slot?

For example, a list with radio buttons? A grid with a column that has a "Sign Up" button?

I'm exploring the possibility of building a SignUp app in Airtable, and using automations, record #s, and pre-filled forms to allow people to self-service their needs like cancelling a session.

Ideas are welcome!

TIA,

ML

M_L_0-1724804969529.png

M_L_1-1724804986977.png

M_L_2-1724805025048.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, if you're on a Business/Enterprise plan maybe you could try creating an Interface with the List layout, sharing it publicly and using that as the embed?  That'd let you hide the primary

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

That is not possible with Airtable’s native forms. You can get some more formatting options for linked record fields by using Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Hope this helps!

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @ScottWorld,

Thanks for your response, this is helpful and I haven't heard of Fillout before. 

Looking through it, I am realizing I may be looking for a different format than the Fillout forms, even though they do have better customization for Linked Fields.

I'm considering making my own "Sign Up Page" by embedding an Airtable Grid into a webpage I can direct people to. For my use case, this visual may work better. The remaining problem I have with that option is how to format the Primary Key since I can't hide it :).

Thanks for the input.

-ML

M_L_0-1724861359476.png

Hmm, if you're on a Business/Enterprise plan maybe you could try creating an Interface with the List layout, sharing it publicly and using that as the embed?  That'd let you hide the primary

Thank you for this @TheTimeSavingCo ! This actually looks great on my first prototype and I'm going to see how far I can take it. Thanks!