616 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sevanna_Shields
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Okay. So I have excel-brain and am getting frustrated with Airtable lol. How would you organize this?

1 Department
6 Sub-Departments
1000s of records that move between the sub-departments with demographic info, actions done for the record, and licenses associated with the record in all 50 states tracked?

We need to track all this info for each record and then fluidly move the info as the record moves through the sub departments.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Sevanna_Shields ,

I would suggest the sub departments to be a Single Select field with the actions done by each department being a checkbox. You can then create views to see where the record is at.

See unfortunately, the issue isn’t as simple as being able to put it all on one table. We currently have 250+ columns that way. And we can’t all work in the same base. Each sub-department can’t have access to all of the information, only the records within their sub-department. And we need dates for the actions, statuses of the actions, and such so we can’t just use checkboxes.

Ideally we’d have
A base per sub-department, with one main base where records and info could be distributed from. But we also need the sub-department to make any changes it needs as well.

Essentially the Department Base needs to record all records and changes made to those records. Even if changes are made in a sub-department base.

I Department Base
I I_ Demographics
I I_ Actions
I I_ Licensing
I_ SD-1
I I_ Demographics
I I_ Actions
I I_ Licensing
I_ SD-2
I I_ Demographics
I I_ Actions
I I_ Licensing