Help

Re: How can I autocopy the data from a column to another column in the same Table

3342 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sistemas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, i am asking for help because i do not know how to execute this action or even if i can create it.

I just want to copy one field to another with is a link field automatically. The thing is that i can copy the data and paste it ant it works… but i want to create something in which i do not need to care about all the times

Thanks for your time!

8 Replies 8
IT_BeeTee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

If the source and the destination fields are one the same table, you can just set up the destination field to be of type Formula and input the name of the source field to copy data over.

Regards,

Alex

Hi, Can you give/expose me an example, I do not really know how to create that kind of function

Thank you so much for the post

Example as below,

Regards,

Alex

Okay, As I see this is in the case the link field is in the same table but if the link i want is in other table, can I use a formula too?

I mean imagine i wanna copy apple(which is a record in column1 in Table 1) to the link field (column 2 in table 1) but this is a link to table 2

I think I expose quite bad :see_no_evil:

I expect your response, thanks for all @IT_BeeTee

Yes you can,

Firstly you need to create a Link in Table 2 which you have already did.

Then, you create another field with type Lookup in Table 2 and point it to Source field in Table 1.

image.png

I have tried your solution but i realised that I need to continue copying the data to the first link set to make the lookup work

Again, thanks cause you are showing me a lot ^^

Hi,

There is no other way to get data from another table without the link. I do agree with you it seems to be more or less the same as copying data manually but if you need more data from another table, it will save you a lot of time :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,

Alex

Okayyy!! Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: