900 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravenkao
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have four selections available in a picklist. Each selection has a different set of options associated with it. I want to create a secondary list of options that users can select from that changes depending on their primary selection. For example they choose from:Selection A
Selection B
Selection CIf they choose Selection A, a secondary option box appears offering
Option 1
Option 2If they choose Selection B, a secondary option box appears offering
Option 3
Option 4..and so on. How do I construct this?

3 Replies 3

This has been my number one Feature Request for Airtable to develop for the past six years now.

The behaviour that you’re after can only be done either in a scripting App, where users would need to have an AT account and access to the Scripting App extension - or you’ll need a 3rd party Form app that has this feature. 

I really don’t understand why AT hasn’t developed this one feature yet. It’s disappointing to say the least.

To clarify, that there are field dependant visibility options in a View Form, but you can’t hide/show select data to choose from within the shown fields themselves- in that, a fields selectable data is either all or none.

Julien_Mottet1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

you can create single select elements as follows :
"A - Option A.1"
"A - Option A.2"
"A - Option A.3"
"B - Option B.1"
"B - Option B.2"
"C ..."

So that, when you type A in the single select searchbar you only see, the sub section option of A.