1178 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Green
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So in the chart block, how does one exclude custom data categories? I feel like I am likely missing something.

I have created custom categories using a multi-select field to code some qualitative data. I want to exclude certain categories or ones below a certain count. (Only display if there are more than 5 of a type.)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Matthew_Green!

The chart block pulls all the records from whatever view you specify.

So, you would first need to create a view that is filtered to show you only the records that you would like to see on your chart. Then, have your chart block pull data from that view.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Matthew_Green!

The chart block pulls all the records from whatever view you specify.

So, you would first need to create a view that is filtered to show you only the records that you would like to see on your chart. Then, have your chart block pull data from that view.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much @ScottWorld ! I think I was not using the full power of AirTable and clearly there is a lot to learn.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: