2162 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Laufer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am new to Airtable and diving into the deep end of the pool—setting up a base to manage the collection and exhibitions for a museum.

I am managing many types of assets- physical artifacts, photos, facsimiles of historical magazine covers, books, people/biographies, events, Key dates/events, inventions, a glossary, a workflow for each exhibit. So it is part digital asset management system, and part project management. Is it better to make one giant table with lots of columns and use keywords to sort them? or create multiple tables? I watched the Airtable tutorials but didn’t get a good answer on this issue.

In terms of output, I need to be able to create timelines, add new artifacts as they come in, add new photos to existing entries, track sources, track copyright information.

Any ideas on how best to structure this would be appreciated! Are there any white papers or background reading, best practices?

11 Replies 11

How have you solved the problem? Different DAM system? Submitting feature request? I am not far enough along in my work to have stumbled over the issues you raise yet, but thanks for the heads up.

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Also … I forgot … Airtable is hopeless at printing out reports with large number of visual files. If you use the Page Designer Block to create a large list of files with minimal size thumbnails, you will chomp through Gigabytes of memory, for some peculiar reason. It is not at all stable at the moment.