Help

Re: How to sync wordpress custom fields with airtable?

1279 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias108
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an airtable db and want to sync this to the WordPress custom fields I’ve created.
That everytime the data inside of airtable is updated, it syncs with the WordPress custom fields and the fields are updated.
Is this possible? How would you do that?

4 Replies 4

Here are 2 Wordpress options to explore:

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I could not get it running with integromat/ make. Only the standard custom fields are working.
Do you have a tutorial for the custom fields?

Airwpsync does not work for custom fields. At least the free version was unusable for that use case.
And I want to try this out first, if it is working before buying this expensive plugin.

I haven’t had personal experience with these Wordpress tools yet.

But if Make’s native modules don’t support custom fields, you may need to craft your own custom API calls to Wordpress using Make’s Wordpress Make An API Call module (scroll down on the page to see this).

This assumes that Wordpress supports communicating with custom fields through API calls. You may want to send an email to Make tech support to ask them about how to do this.

p.s. Assuming that Wordpress allows communicating with custom fields through their API, I’m sure that I could also figure this out because I have deep experience with API’s, but I would only be able to dive that deeply into something as a consultant for hire. If you have a budget for this, feel free to contact me through my website: Expert Airtable Consultant — ScottWorld.

Stephane-DK
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Tobias108 & @ScottWorld , thanks for the mention of our plugin. Just wanted to let you know that the Pro version of the plugin is finally out!

After the release of the free version in August, we are now proposing something solid. 

Here are the main features:

⚙ Unlimited connections, support for Custom Post Types, Custom Fields, and new Airtable API features such as Access Tokens, Metadata, and Webhooks (we've worked hard to include them since the announcement in December).

🛠 Furthermore, you can also create Custom Post Types AND Custom Fields on the fly AND use them in your preferred Page Builder.

🕰️ This Pro version also allows for total control over synchronization (manual, recurrent or real-time).

This version is suitable for both developers and beginners with WordPress thanks to the user interface that we've tried to make user-friendly, the many available documentation in the form of articles and video tutorials, and the user tests we've put in place.

Launch price is at $99 ex-tax/yr instead of $129 during a limited period of time. 

Follow this link to learn more about it: https://wpconnect.co/air-wp-sync-plugin/