4237 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharon_Clark
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need to run some calculations off of the results of a DATETIME_DIFF field. The problem is some of the fields are populated with time spans and some have NaN. I am unable to calculate anything with an NaN.

My thought was to first ask if the first date was an empty field, and if so, to simply state 0. If there is a date, it would render the number of days since that date has passed.

If (Delivered = BLANK(), 0, DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), Delivered, ‘days’))

So if I needed to calculate how much money I’ve spent on renting an item, I could take the number of days since it was delivered and multiply it by the price. Items which were not rented would not need to add to the cost.

As far as I could tell, this formula should work. Can you please show me where I am going wrong?

10 Replies 10
Ali_Aboutera
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I did a field called “Date” and I wrote this in the “Formula” field

IF(Date="",“0”,DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(),Date))

This should work.

Robin_Travis

I have a column that calculates the number of days I held a trade. If I bought and sold on the same day, I was getting NaN. Usually NaN indicates a divide by 0. On the date calculation if I bought and sold on the same day I did an If statement and forced the contents to “” rather than 0 i.e. leaves the cell empty. On our CRM table, when we enter a new enquiry, we manually set the enquiry value to 1 to avoid the divide by 0 and this allows the totals to show again. Hope this helps.

Sharon_Clark

Thanks! I got it to work.

OSU_EHS

I’m having the exact same issue but cannot get my IF statement to work:
IF({Date sent to HR}="",“0”,DATETIME_DIFF({Date sent to HR},{EIR Rcv’d},‘days’))

If I delete everything before DATETIME the calculation works fine, DATETIME_DIFF({Date sent to HR},{EIR Rcv’d},‘days’), but I’m left with NaN wherever the Date Sent to HR field is blank.

Also, is there a way to get a summary block to show an average that doesn’t include blanks?

That is not a number, it’s a string because it has quotes.

Those are not included by default:

Captura de pantalla 2019-01-30_06-15-12_p. m..png

OSU_EHS

Thanks, Elias! Here’s how I wound up resolving it:
IF({Date sent to HR}="",BLANK(),DATETIME_DIFF({Date sent to HR},{EIR Rcv’d},‘days’))

OSU_EHS

Also, I’m apparently getting the NaN result in summary view because the field I am averaging contains the NaN results, not blanks.

OSU_EHS

This resolved once I got the above formula corrected by using BLANK() instead of “” or 0. Thanks again, Elias!

FLib
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Suggestion: add like excel formulas for IFERROR, IFNA, …something like IFNAN({NaN Field},“if true do it”)

IF({Date sent to HR}="",0,

I just remove the “” for the 0 to show a number and not a quote, it works fine :thumbs_up: