Help

Re: I need help with a formula to change the status based on number of days before expiration

Solved
Jump to Solution
409 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Limerick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to create a formula that will change a column to say Active or Inactive based on the numbers of days before an item expires.

For example: I have contracts that expire over the next four years. When one of the contracts gets within 6 months of expiring I need a column to change to Active or Inactive. All of the Actives will be within 6 months of expiring Inactives will be anything valid for more then 6 months.

I tried to use this formula I found in the forums and changed my expiration date column to Purchase Date just so the columns would match and it keeps telling me that it is an invalid formula.

IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Purchase Date}, ‘days’) < 365, ‘Inactive’, ‘Active’).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirtableBuilds_
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

It might be a quick fix by correcting the in your formula to a .

Try copying the corrected formula below and see if that works. If not I would say that the field {Purchase Date} might not be a date field

IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Purchase Date}, 'days') < 365, 'Inactive', 'Active')

Let me know how you go :slightly_smiling_face:

Una

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
AirtableBuilds_

Hi Lisa,

It might be a quick fix by correcting the in your formula to a .

Try copying the corrected formula below and see if that works. If not I would say that the field {Purchase Date} might not be a date field

IF(DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Purchase Date}, 'days') < 365, 'Inactive', 'Active')

Let me know how you go :slightly_smiling_face:

Una

This worked perfect. Thank You!!!