cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Downer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I’ve been racking my brains all morning trying to figure out a formula for a table and could do with some assistance!

What I’m hoping to achieve if a traffic light system. If a record isn’t uploaded to YouTube or shared on Youtube, the field displays a red emoji, if a record is uploaded but not shared, it displays an amber emoji and if the video is uploaded and shared, it displays a green emoji.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 10.59.08.png

Can an IF statement be used across 2 fields? What I am essentially looking for is an IF Contains formula! I got a certain portion of the way to an answer however, my formula was only working if the ONLY value in a field was YouTube (i.e no Facebook, Twitter)

If anyone could offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Matt

6 Replies 6

Yes, you can insert several conditions in an IF. In this case you could use the OR function: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/203255215-Formula-field-reference#logical

IF(OR({Condition 1}, {Condition 2}), "🔴")

Thanks Elias, I’m afraid i’m still struggling. In your example, what would Condition 2 be; I’ve tried leaving it blank but unsurprisingly that didn’t work.

Sorry to be stupid! :slightly_smiling_face:

You want 2 conditions, one for every field to check, isn’t it?

Check this: https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invDyoGcdbDRPpMYO&inviteToken=55c7855221b73616755022d39adc654...

Anyway, I think maybe using Views is better, so you’d have Pending Sharing, for example.

For YouTube, you could use

IF(
    FIND(
        'YouTube',
        {Uploaded to:}
        ),
    IF(
        FIND(
            'YouTube',
            {Shared on:},
            ),
        '💚',
        '💛'
        ),
    '❤️'
    )

(I entered that without testing; I think I got the right number of parentheses in it.)

Essentially, it looks to see if it’s been uploaded; if not, it displays the red emoji. (Could it be shared but not uploaded? If so, I need to make a change.) If it has been uploaded, it looks to see if it’s been shared as well, if so, it displays the green emoji; otherwise, it shows the yellow.

Very helpful, thank you!