cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elodie_Delneuf
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I am planning on transferring a base on a new workspace.

I'd like to know the impacts: especially, will my form url change?

Txs

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Posting Airtable response here:

You can change the owner of a workspace, and it won't affect the base or workspace. The form link will remain unchanged as the format for form links is typically https://airtable.com/baseID/shareID. This format doesn't alter even if you move your base to a different workspace.

Owners have the flexibility to move bases between workspaces, provided they are owners in both workspaces. Depending on user permission levels and workspace settings:

• Owners can always move a base between workspaces if they are owners in both.
  • Creators can move a base between workspaces if there are no workspace restrictions.
  • In workspaces with sharing restrictions, creators can move bases if specific conditions are met.

As a best practice, it's advisable to reach out to a workspace owner to assist with moving the base where needed. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hm, hopefully someone else can provide a more detailed response, but I just tested out the URLs for both an Interface form and a form view and neither were affected after moving a base to a new workspace; the same links worked just fine regardless of which workspace it was in

Elodie_Delneuf

Thank you!

Actually, one precision, the workspace is not mine, it is a completely different airtable account, I was then wondering whether the beginning of the URL would change, as I suppose it might include my airtable Record ID or something equivalent.

Posting Airtable response here:

You can change the owner of a workspace, and it won't affect the base or workspace. The form link will remain unchanged as the format for form links is typically https://airtable.com/baseID/shareID. This format doesn't alter even if you move your base to a different workspace.

Owners have the flexibility to move bases between workspaces, provided they are owners in both workspaces. Depending on user permission levels and workspace settings:

• Owners can always move a base between workspaces if they are owners in both.
  • Creators can move a base between workspaces if there are no workspace restrictions.
  • In workspaces with sharing restrictions, creators can move bases if specific conditions are met.

As a best practice, it's advisable to reach out to a workspace owner to assist with moving the base where needed.