Help

Instant customer portals from your base - are you interested in this?

4324 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Davyson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey everyone!

I’m making Airportal, which lets you hook up your Airtable base and make a portal where your customers can log in, and view and edit data that only pertains to them (i.e. with permissions).

So I’d love to ask the Airtable community: are you interested in this?

The portal works using the email address of your customers from one of your bases (you just need to pick which one!) and then automagically handling the login and making sure they can only see the records related to them. I hope this is going to be really useful for allowing customers to manage their data, their orders, their products… or whatever else you have stored in your bases!

If you’re interested sign up for the beta here: https://airportal.app

3 Replies 3
Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Can’t believe this hasn’t gotten more attention here. Just saw it on reddit’s Airtable sub a few days ago (my username is AddyEdwin there)

In short - big yes. If I can set multiple pages with custom filters on the portal, then this would effectively solve HUNDREDS of user cases that people currently face with Airtable’s limited user permission settings.

Also, the UI looks fantastic. Would be really interested in this, and would gladly sign up for a beta, and help out with any product testing/feedback. I’m really enthusiastic about this because I’ve been asking Airtable for something similar for nearly 1.5 years!

I think you should post this in the Advanced User Permissions thread here in the community forum in Product Suggestions, it would definitely get a lot of attention

Jason_H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, this would be amazing. Just signed up for the beta. Any updates?

L_J_Legnon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Sam, I’m doing some research on Customer Portals and found this thread. It seems that Stacker might be of interest. I’d like to find out if it might meet some of our requirements, how can I dive deeper into this? We need something many clients can log into, see common information, then based on credentials view custom data associated with their account. Is this something Stacker can accomplish?

TIA,