cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIck_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Guys

I need to add to a linked record with integromat. At the moment I can replace the array with the new record but cant work out how to add to the array.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
cor
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello @RIck_Allen,
There are 2 ways:

1. Use the update record AIrtable node/module and add only the new record.
  2. Use the Http post module but for this you will need to get all the existing id’s already in the array, then add the new value to the existing array and then post this new array to the linked record field. [Add the distinct function to make sure you only post each id once]

I hope this helps,
Cor

RIck_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I use the update module on the linked record and pass a new recId it just replaces what was in the record with the new recId.

james_lai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am still really new to Airtable but i did spend many hours checking out this awesome community here and learned alot, and i came across this same issue which i needed to be solved. i figured out a way that works for me in Integromat specifically for this issue, but may not be the most elegant.

integromat-add

1. ‘Watch Records’ is basically a prefilled form response which is received in an updates table. the info i needed to add to is a linked field.

2. ‘Get a Record’ is the Record ID of where i want to ADD on my linked items in and also to extract what i need in the field i want to add on to.

3. Set Variable - i just called it ‘name’ where i use
    split ( [Array_A from Watch Records] , [Array B from Get a Record] ; ,)

4. Update a Record - is where i use the [Values] generated from Set Variable, added back to [Array A] .

Hope this helps anyone facing the same issue.
(its like copying out array A, get array B, then add it up as array C back in the space of array A.)