Help

Re: Is it possible to show the first occurrence of a participant's name from a list in another base?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2324 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Virginia_McManu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table organized by educator name. I’m trying to create a column that pulls the FIRST occurrence of coaching from a separate base, so we can see on what day each teacher had their first meeting with their instructional coach. The dates vary widely, so I’m not sure how to write this formula.

Each coaching session has a unique ID: “[Coach Name] [Teacher Name] [Type of Meeting] [Date]”. I’m hoping that it’s possible to write a formula that can find all of the unique IDs for a particular teacher, and then show me just the oldest one (which would be the first in the school year).

I’m a pretty new user of Airtable, so thanks for your patience with what may be a basic question :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Virginia_McManus

Welcome to Airtable Community !

I need to see the structure of your base to give a better answer.

But if your base has a table for the coaching sessions that is linked to the instructor, then this is very easy. You just need to create a Rollup Field in the Instructor table to get the Min(Values) of the Date Field

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Virginia_McManus

Welcome to Airtable Community !

I need to see the structure of your base to give a better answer.

But if your base has a table for the coaching sessions that is linked to the instructor, then this is very easy. You just need to create a Rollup Field in the Instructor table to get the Min(Values) of the Date Field

Virginia_McManu

That worked great! Thank you so much for your help; I really appreciate it.

Glad it worked :slightly_smiling_face: Can you please mark it as Solution?

I hadn’t noticed that feature before - thanks for the nudge :).