784 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heracles001
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have been trying the Miro block, but so far I cannot get any rows / Miro shapes to update. The announcement has a GIF that makes it seem so, but is this even interactive?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michelle_Valent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there,

You are correct. The Miro block is a distinct free-form space in your base. You can refer to the support article: “Note that this block does not change dynamically for each record you select but rather it is a block for collaborators in your base to use as a whiteboard when discussing the information in your base”.

I’d love to develop a Miro v2 where it is interactive with the base - curious if you have further product feedback on what workflows you are looking to sync?

Thanks for writing in!
Michelle

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Yiannis_Biliris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same question here, not able to make to interact with the base.

Michelle_Valent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there,

You are correct. The Miro block is a distinct free-form space in your base. You can refer to the support article: “Note that this block does not change dynamically for each record you select but rather it is a block for collaborators in your base to use as a whiteboard when discussing the information in your base”.

I’d love to develop a Miro v2 where it is interactive with the base - curious if you have further product feedback on what workflows you are looking to sync?

Thanks for writing in!
Michelle

So why does the example show someone dragging a Miro object which updates the Airtable record and vice versa?

Hi Jim,

The example shows the user updating the Airtable record with their cursor after interacting with the Miro board. Are you looking at an example that I’m not aware of? Want to make sure the documentation is clear to our users and appreciate you calling it out.

Thanks,
Michelle

After watching it again you are correct. The problem is the animated image it is unintentionally deceiving. Right after the Airtable record is updated the image jumps back to the beginning resetting the Miro cards to where they were before, but I mistook that for the Miro board being updated from the Airtable record change. I think that confused some others also based on the comments.

Thanks for your response.

Wow… I agree - the animation is very deceiving… there went an hour of my life trying to link it to my base