cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Dlouhy
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Greetings Airtable community!

I am hoping for some insight/guidance/problem-solving on an issue I’m having with notifications.

I received an email indicating a colleague had mentioned me in a comment on a specific record in a base we share.

And when I click on the notifications icon in the base, I also see that she mentioned me. However, when I go to the specific record I cannot see her comment anywhere. What might be causing this disconnect?

I am attaching screen grabs for reference/context. The first shows the record itself, which should have the comment from my colleague Jeniene showing on the right, but does not. The second image shows the email I received, and the third is a screen grab of the notification pane in Airtable.

Thank you very much!

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.25.33 PM
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.30.02 PM
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 5.24.51 PM

4 Replies 4

Maybe she deleted the comment but the notification system isn’t smart enough to clear out notifications if they’re no longer valid?

That’s a brilliant thought! I’ll check with my colleague to confirm this is what happened. Thank you!

Let us know! If that is the case, it’s probably a great feature suggestion to request to support@airtable.com about them improving the notifications in these regards.

It was indeed the case! My colleague posted the comment and later deleted it.

Case solved! :white_check_mark:

Many thanks for your help!