Hi, is this possible?

kanban

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Kanban views won’t show fields if that field is empty. You could use a formula like this to get the date to show blank conditionally:

IF({Status} = "New", BLANK(), {MG_INTERNAL_KICKOFF})

^ Then display that formula field in your Kanban view.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Glaze_V!

Unfortunately, that is not possible. All kanban stacks must have identical fields showing. You may want to suggest that as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

The same thing is true of kanban stacks with Stacker, but since Stacker is specifically designed for flexible user customizability, you might want to reach out to them as well to see if they would consider adding that as a feature to their product.

Also, one possible solution that you may want to consider would be creating multiple different kanban views in Airtable, each one FILTERED to only show you certain categories. Then, you could customize each kanban view differently from the other kanban views, and you could switch back & forth between the different kanbans.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Kanban views won’t show fields if that field is empty. You could use a formula like this to get the date to show blank conditionally:

IF({Status} = "New", BLANK(), {MG_INTERNAL_KICKOFF})

^ Then display that formula field in your Kanban view.

Oooh, that’s a hot tip, @Kamille_Parks!! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: :raised_hands: :star2:

I did not know this!! That’s super cool, and this is also different than how the Gallery view works. (The Gallery always leaves a blank space for empty fields.) It would be awesome if Airtable made these 2 views work similarly.

@Glaze_V You can just completely ignore the 2 posts I wrote above! :joy: :rofl: :grinning_face_with_sweat: :joy:

Glaze_V
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you so much for all your help. I’ll try these alternatives out.