cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_Springer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I’ve created an Airtable with 3 different tables.
-1 table for survey 1
-1 table for survey 2
-1 table to summarise both surveys

In my “summary” table I need to get data from 1 column in survey 1 and from 1 column in survey 2. I’ve tried lookup and link record but couldn’t manage to do it.

The surveys tables are made of copy/paste data from CSV files that I update when i need by doing more copy/paste.
Columns name and order in both surveys table are different.

Do you have any ideas on how I can manage this?

Many thanks for your help1

21 Replies 21

Hi @Andy_Springer and welcome to the community!

Is there a data entree that is identical in both surveys (eg client name)? Maybe you could make that field in both surveys link to a 4th table with that data and then use 2 lookup fields to get that info?

Just a first thought here :man_shrugging:

Andy_Springer

Hey thanks for your answer!
Unfortunately no, it’s 2 different surveys for different client and made by different people so i don’t have twice the same data.
The only common data between the 2 tables is “ip address”. This is a terminology that is used in both surveys but the column’s name are not the same in both tables. I hope it’s clear!

Well, then you could make a new table with the ip address as primary field and make a linked field out of the “ip address” field (name doesn’t matter) in both survey tables. That way you could lookup/rollup all the data you need.

Andy_Springer

How can I put the IP address as a primary field please?
Because when I do a lookup it will not search the correct data i think as in the column IP Address it only displays “IP address” in every cells…

From 1 of your existing IP address field, you can just double click the field name and change the field type to “link to another record” and then choose “create a new table”. The data in your IP address field will now be converted to the primary (= first) field of that new table.

Then, do the same for the other IP address field in the other table, but instead of choosing “create a new table”, choose the new table you just made.

Thanks for your explanation. Unfortunately I don’t get the date i’m looking for when doing this.Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.29.27 am

i need the NPS type from table CR1 NPS and CR2 NPS. I’ve tried to do a lookup but it didn’t work.

So “NPS type” is a field in both NPS tables?

How did you try?

Andy_Springer

NPS type is what i’m looking for but this is not the same column name in both tables. I think that’s why i can’t do a lookup
I’e tried to do a lookup with the NPS and it’s just giving me the wrong data in. It gives me the 1st data of 1st column of each table. The tables are linked too. CR1 NPS linked with NPS Report and CR2 NPS linked with NPS Report.

Hmm, confusing. You can have a lookup field for every linked record. You did specify the field that you want to look up, right?

Could you add some screenshots from what you’re trying to do?

Andy_Springer

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 2.48.01 pm
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 2.48.15 pm

So I have the attached NPS.
“NPS type” column is from CR1 Survey table.
“on a sclae” column is from CR2 Survey table.
I need both of these columns to be showed in a new table.
There is no common field in both tables.

That seems complicated.

Hmm, didn’t you say that the IP address was a field on both surveys? If that’s the case, I’m still sticking with my previous answer: make that a linked field to a new table from both surveys and rollup the 2 fields you need.

Andy_Springer

I’ve done this but I still don’t get the good data in CR1 NPS and CR2 NPS columns in the new table.
Please see enclosed.
I needScreen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.21.31 am
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.22.46 am
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.22.39 am
to get the columns that i’ve attached earlier saying “promoter, passive”.

I see from your screenshots that you haven’t added any lookup fields?

Andy_Springer

When i create a lookup it shows the data in the same cells. I need them to appear in column in the new table: 1 column CR1 NPS and 1 column CR2 NPS.Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 9.38.17 am

Then you should add your lookup fields in the other table :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t understand from which table we’re talking right now.
These are the options i get within CR2 NPS table for example
And my other table with the lookup is named ‘test’, i don’t have it in the dropdown menu

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 4.17.12 pm

This is getting really confusing with table and field names… If you could share a view link, that would help a lot.

Andy_Springer

No worries!

Let me know if the link works

thanks!

OK, let’s give this another go :slightly_smiling_face:

In your table “CR1 NPS”, double click on your field “IPAddress” and choose “link to another record” as field type. Then select “create a new table”. That way, a new table will be created, with the mentioned IP Addresses being in the primary field.

In your table "CR2 NPS, do the same with your field “IP Address”. Don’t select “create a new table”, but select the newly created table from the step above. These IP Addresses will now also show up in the primary field of that new table.

In that new table, you can then add 2 lookup fields, one referring to the “NPS Type” field in “CR1 NPS” and one to ?? in “CR2 NPS”.

That way, in your new table, you’ll have the IP Address and the 2 data types you want to see in 1 record.

The problem here is that you’ve made your own (single) record in a new table and then linked every other record to it, instead of using the actual IP as a primary field.