3221 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I work as a financial planner and I’m absolutely loving the flexibility of Air Table. One thing, however, I’m struggling with is that I want the ability to link a contact record in the contacts table to more than 1 household in the households table and specify what the role of the contact is for that particular household.

What’s the best way of setting this up? I’d like the ability to have a Household View so that it lists all of the contact records associated with that household and what their role is in that household.

Currently, I have a linked record between HOUSEHOLDS and CONTACTS and I have a “Household Role” field in the contacts record. But I’m realizing this won’t work because it will show the same role for both households which may not be the case. For example, a contact might be “Primary Client” in one household and a “Power of Attorney” for another household.

Any ideas/suggestions how best to accomplish something like this? I’ve created a “Household View” in the Contacts table where I can group all the contacts by a household and that works flawlessly for contacts that are only members/associated with one Household. but the second they are associated with two households, this is where it sort of breakdowns and I’m unable to properly group them or identify their role in that household.

Would appreciate any comments/feedback.

Thanks

11 Replies 11
Marco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I do have a follow up question related to households and interactions. I would like to be able to print some sort of a report that shows all the interactions I’ve had with a household. I like to print this report as a way to review my household notes before a meeting.

My interactions table currently captures the date, contacts related to that interaction, the type of interaction, subject, multi line notes field to capture my notes for that interaction.

Does airtable have any report generating functionality where I could say, print a report for this household showing in chronological order all my interactions and detailed notes? I’m assuming I would have to include a lookup or some roll up field in the interactions table to have the associated household available for the report as well? I’m not quite sure how to accomplish this nor whether I can even print such a report in airtable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@Marco Do you still use Airtable in your practice? I am also pondering using airtable for this very thing. Collaborating would be greatly appreciated!