cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matej_Skarka
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
so I am trying to create something like easy ERP/CRM for creating orders and have one “small” problem with linking multiple values to the table.

I have:

• Table with products and prices
  • Table with companies and their info
  • Table with employes that are linked to specific companies (that works)
  • Table with orders
    (here I have a problem)

In that order I am linking to which company it belongs to (so far so good)
But then I want to link one employe that is responsible for it - But only from company that was picked previously. I can’t be mixed from other company.

Now I can Link any company to the order and any employe from any other company to the same order.

Is there any way how to limit that?

Thank you and have a nice day.
Matt

4 Replies 4

Hey Matej,

While you can limit linked records to specific views, it won’t limit per specific Company record. To limit Employees per Company, you’ll need to use a form with this feature.

You can do this with On2Air Forms - an Airtable-specific form product.

Here’s an example of what you’re looking for to display filtered records:

How many companies do you need to account for? There is a way to accomplish this pretty easily with conditional form fields and company-specific views, but it isn’t scalable and will become prohibitive the higher number of companies you are trying to include.

At least hundreds, if it will work than it wil be thousands really fast.

Ah, I see - Sadly, I do not believe there is a native way to accomplish that. You’re essentially describing a conditional selection limitation. While AT forms have both limitation and conditional capabilities, they do not have them combined!

I would look into the form integration that @Hannah_Wiginton suggested above! I have not used it myself but it does appear to get you much closer to what you’re trying to do