cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Anthony
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

When I add a new client, there are a series of about 40 tasks that need to be done and tracked. Is there a way to automatically create those tasks in airtable without having to re-create every single one?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Yes, there is. (The initial announcement for the framework can be found here.)

Admittedly, that might be more involved than you need; when you say ‘tracked’, you may not mean ‘assigned a date’ but simply ‘made to exist to make sure they get done.’ If so, it shouldn’t be too hard to strip out the date-related portions, retaining only the task templating bits — in fact, I should probably do that, anyway, but if you need it before I post a revision, message or PM me here and I’ll push it higher in the queue.

Kristen_Granara
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I came to ask a similar question!
We’re trying to do the same thing. When we create a lesson there are multiple steps in the process. We’re testing out having a “Lesson Creation Project Template” and are having the team duplicate the project with all of the necessary activities and some even autoassigned.

The issue we’re running into is it’s not separating the two projects in the view. So it will show the activity once, attached to two projects that need to be tracked separately.

Would love any other suggestions on what we can try.

Did you ever find a solution to this question? I’m running into the same issue.

@Airtable_Admin do we have a solution for this? I’m trying to do the same thing! I have a Table called “Missions” that have a series of tasks for each record. I want to be able to duplicate a Mission and have new tasks created instead of having the same tasks shared between two Missions. Any way to do this?

There’s no built-in way in Airtable to do this, but you could partially automate it with a JavaScript that you can manually trigger whenever you are ready to create the tasks.

There are some sample JavaScripts here, some of which are similar to what you’re looking to do:

https://builtonair.com/airtable-scripts/

Alternatively, you could automate this with platforms like Zapier or Integromat.

Hey Scott - do you do any paid consultations if I need occasional help for 15 minute increments? :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Hi @Mark_Miller,

Thanks for asking!

I actually am an expert Airtable consultant available for hire, but I am still learning JavaScript so I can’t yet help out with the new scripting block.

I would highly recommend reaching out to @JonathanBowen, who is a JavaScript expert and I believe that he is available for hire! :blush:

Best,
Scott