cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lercio_Pinto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, hope anyone can help me with this question,

I have 4-5 checkbox fields. I will name them for easy understanding of what I am trying to achieve.
Checkbox 1
Checkbox 2
Checkbox 3
Is it possible by any means to “lock” Checkbox 2 and Checkbox 3 until the previous one(Checkbox 1) is ticked? And it continues, lock checkbox 3 until the previous(Checkbox 1 and 2) are ticked.

Hope I can get some help :winking_face:
Thank you

4 Replies 4

Hi @Lercio_Pinto - you can’t lock fields, but you could create a visual alert (using a formula field) to show when fields have been checked in error or in the wrong sequence:

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 17.28.03

Formula here is:

IF(AND({Checkbox 2}, NOT({Checkbox 1})), '')

JB

Lercio_Pinto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Jonathan, thank you for taking your time to answer.

Ah, I forgot a little(very important) detail. I have an integration with Zapier that when a checkbox is filled it sends an email.
So that wouldn’t exactly work. I am using this for a “car preparation” process, and the goal is to facilitate the job of the person responsible in approving/not approving vehicles.

Do you think I could look at this any other way?
Thanks once more.

Ahh…OK. So could you do this:

The Zap runs off “new record in view” I’m guessing? Just set a series of views:

Checkbox 1 - when checkbox 1 is checked
Checkbox 1 & 2 - when both are checked. If someone checks checkbox 2 first, it won’t appear in the view, so won’t send the email via Zapier. Only when both are checked (even in the wrong order) does the email get sent.

OR:

In every email show the status of all checkboxes, so that if 2 is checked first, the person getting the email can also see that checkbox 1 is still unchecked.

Not sure if either will work with your process though.

Hello again Jonathan,
I won’t work because of this:
Part 1 - Sales person(all documents, customer data for the sale to occur)
Part 2 - Car preparation(vehicle check and ready to deliver)
Physically, the car is moved to part 2 of the process, but the vehicle can’t be ready to deliver if documents are missing. That is why I wanted to only allow checkbox 2 if checkbox 1 had been ticked. (when I say documents, there are other steps, I just made it simple for you to understand)

I think I am not going to get this one easy eh? :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: