cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Davies
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello

I am slightly confused on locking views. I would like to have a Gallery View filtered to show only certain records. The name of the gallery view will be the same as the records the filter is set to display.

I would then create 6 more gallery views to show the other records (with the filter preset accordingly for each view)

I see I can lock the view so that only I can edit it - but for some reason, that doesn’t seem to be affected when sharing a view via a link (without the user needing to log into Airtable - which is important). So when you look at the view via the link, you can click filter and change the criteria of the filter (which would mess things up).

Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

2 Replies 2

When someone is looking at a shared view (not logged into Airtable), the filtering there does not affect any other users. It also only filters on top of any filters set in the base. The filters cannot be changed to reveal more data than was originally shared.

Thanks Kuovonne

I was really after limiting the ability to adjust the filters in a view.

I’d like a view called “Zone 1” and another called “Zone 2” - so that users can quickly flick between ‘pre-set’ views with filters already set for them for Zone 1 and Zone 2 on the Zone column. I know it’s really simple to set a filter, but I want to make it as easy for them as possible!

Does that make sense?
Andrew