Help

Re: Lookup that only displays linked records that have a specific check mark?

1412 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Chen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m looking to create a field that only shows linked records (or text strings from that linked table) if those records have a specific check mark. Does anyone know if there’s any way to do that?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
bdelanghe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’d create a formula field on the table you intend to roll up:

IF({specific_checkmark},{field_for_rollup})

This will only show you field if the checkbox is checked. Then you can just roll it up in your other table.

*You might have noticed I didn’t do ‘CheckMark = 1’. Any positive number computes to true so I leave out the ‘= 1’. You can also do the same with ‘= 0’ because that computes to false.

Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Could you use a lookup field to pull the checkbox into the linked table and then use a filter to only view the fields that are checked?

That’s what I did here: https://airtable.com/shru2SaCdPCUJ23ck/tblubgfWfPz5I7OUo/viw47gr3gSfvBNAVi

Thanks! This worked, but the record comes in as a string, unfortunately. When I use the Template Block, it essentially comes in as a single string instead of a bulleted list of the checked records.

This might be the best option available, but curious if there’s another way that would allow the formatting in the Template Block to still work?

Hi @Jason_Chen !

I haven’t used Page designer block that much, but it looks like it can only make a bulleted list from linked records. The formula field is always going to compute to be either a string, number, or date.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 4.10.46 PM.png

There is a quick copy past work around though:

1. Create a empty linked record field ‘filtered_records’
  2. Copy the formula field into
  3. Use this new field for your bullets
  4. Repeat anytime you have to print this :neutral_face:

You’ll have to be pretty careful if you forget the information will be outdated. Because of this I’d suggest clearing out the column after you print.

Ypu can roll up the target values using an aggregation function of ARRAYJOIN(values,'\n'). That will put each rolled up entry on a separate line. If you want a bulleted list, create a forula field in the target table that prepends a bullet character followed by a space (’'• '’) to the text you wish displayed and roll up that field. (The newline-terminated text will display properly in a grind view with row-height set to anything other than ‘short’ and in Page Designer.)

Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This is the closest question I could find to the hurdle I’m facing. Is it possible to pull data based on a checkmark field?

Looking at my current setup if a project is reinstated, after being on hold, canceled, etc. the record will go back to the proposal table, after updating the record. I’d like an easy way to show additional details without adding all the extra fields. Is this a formula? Or am I missing the part of the conditional options in a checkbox field?