809 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dory_Hack
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This was asked by another user, but closed without a response. What are workarounds, other than downloading/uploading a CSV, to copy a table structure from one base to another?

4 Replies 4
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Dory_Hack

One way, would be by using Integromat.

Mary K

Welcome to the Airtable community!

One problem with using a CSV file or Integromat is that those methods only copy data, not field types.

If you want to copy field types as well, you can do a manual copy/paste into a blank table with only one column/field. Airtable will create the additional fields with most of the field types intact.

This is SO helpful. Exactly what I needed. Thanks! (I actually modified your suggestion and copy/pasted a whole row - completely set up all the fields as pasted!)

Dory

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm not sure if syncing tables was around back when this question was posed, but this is a nice little hack that's now available: 

Sync your table from the base you want to copy from to the new base (Share and Sync -> Sync Table to Another Base). Then remove the sync (Update Sync Configuration -> 3 dots -> Remove Source) and voila, all your fields and data are there in the new base. 

You still need to update relevant fields to formula fields and copy/paste any formulas you had in the source base, but this only takes a sec and the great thing is, all other fields get generated.