1068 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin_Howard
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to display multiple lines of text for a single field in a Kanban card (similar to ‘row height’ in grid view)? I’m evaluating Airtable for task tracking, but right now Kanban is not usable to me because I can’t read more than three or so words before the text is chopped off.

3 Replies 3

If you change your field to a “long text” field, it will display the first few lines of text in that field (depending how long each line of text is). To see more, you would have to click on the Kanban card to open it up and see more.

But outside of showing the first few lines of “long text” fields, there is no way to customize the height of displayed fields.

Benjamin_Howard

Hmm doesn’t work in this case because it appears that even if the primary field is set to “long text” the Kanban view forces it to a single line.

Tried to work around this by making a formula field equal the primary field, but unfortunately it seems that formula fields can’t be viewed as multi-line text.

I guess I could always make the primary field an autogenerated number and then use a non-primary long text field as the name, but it wouldn’t be great to look at in the Kanban view because the number would show up in large text.

gaston
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I totally support this requirement, it's super necessary to make the Kanban View/Interface worth while.

I created this Feature Request for the Product team.

Founder @Boltflow