550 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L_W
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I need to check revision history beyond 1 year. Is there any way I can access that?

For example, I noticed that Enterprise level subscriptions can access past 3 years' of history. If I paid for Enterprise, will the history from May 2021 be available to view?

I only need the revision history for two specific records.

I apologize for any inconvenience, this is for a legal issue we are involved in. Thank you in advance!

4 Replies 4

Sorry to hear you are having legal issues.

Upgrading will not get you retroactive record history.

kuovonne_0-1683219414282.png

L_W

Thank you for the response. However, wording differs slightly at this link (it says "will be able to see" rather than an absolute "will not be tracked"). I need to be absolutely certain whether I should give up if the history doesn't exist at all.

L_W_1-1683220821687.png

If you want to be absolutely certain, I recommend talking to Enterprise sales directly. 

However, I do have access to a base that was upgraded to Enterprise about a year ago. When I spot check records that were created between 2-3 years ago, the revision history only goes back two years, not three years or to the record creation. That is consistent with not gaining retroactive revision history. At the time of the upgrade, there would have been one year of revision history and it has been a year since the upgrade, thus two years of revision history. It is possible that my spot checks were incomplete, but I don't think so.

L_W

Thank you so much for taking the time to verify in your records!!  Definitely with both anecdotal evidence and the help docs it seems you are right -- records do not exist / are not retroactive.  So I am probably going to give up on getting the data this way.

I am still waiting for airtable support to reply, it has been 48 hours so hope they get back to me.  Enterprise sales did not know the answer but believe it's probably what you said as well (but they were not 100% sure).