cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, 

I am currently tracking the number of people who has RSVP for an event. 

The view is currently set up:

1. The first column is the nominee's name
  2. The next column is Student RSVP (single select with the option of Accepted, Declined, Pending). 
  3. This column is the supervisor's name who nominated the student
  4. This column is Supervisor RSVP (single select with the option of Accepted, Declined, Pending)
  5. Additional Guest (this is a single line for us to enter info e.g., +1 )
  6. Dietary requirement (this is a single line)

When I filter "Student RSVP is "Accepted", it spits out the records showing students who have accepted the invite but it does cover the case where if the student "Declined" and Supervisor "Accepted".

I also tried grouping them by Student RSVP and Supervisor RSVP. But we still need to calculate ourselves manually to confirm how many accepted, including the additional guest.

My question to the community is - is there a way I can better set it up so that I can instantly see a sum of those who have Accepted?

Thanks,

Eve

2 Replies 2
RdMedia_srl
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi, I think that the best would be having a structure like this, with 4 different tables

• REGISTRATIONS
  • EVENTS
  • STUDENTS
  • SUPERVISORS

This should be your REGISTRATIONS TABLE

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.27.41.png

and these the others 3 tables that are LINKED to REGISTRATIONS

EVENTS

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.28.22.png

STUDENTS

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.28.55.png

SUPERVISORS

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.28.59.png

of course, in each of this table you can add all the field that you need, like "email, phone, address" of Students and Supervisor or address of the Event...

then in the REGISTRATIONS table you can create alle the VIEWS that you need, this is a VIEW that shows only registrations where STUDENTS and SUPERVISOR RSVP are "Accepted"

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.33.44.png

RESULT IS:

Schermata 2023-04-20 alle 12.33.40.png

I hope it's clear 🙂

Rodolfo - RdMedia

Hmm, I think I would just have a table called 'RSVP's or something where each record represented a single person, the single select option, the dietary requirement and the additional guest requirements.  I'd then have another table for "People", and a junction table called "Nominee<>Supervisor" or something that would have two linked fields to the "People" table, and establish the relationship between nominees and supervisors there

This way you'd be able to see all the accepted numbers for the event easily.  It also solves the potential problem of trying to figure out which person the dietary requirement is for

This is just a personal preference of mine though and I'm not sure what your workflow is.  Personally, I like to keep the types of data in different tables (where possible), and it feels to me like you've got three types of data:

1. People
2. Nominee to Supervisor relationship between people
3. RSVPs

And potentially an "Events" data type as well to record the date / name of the event and such