2699 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewis_Schiff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m looking for some help with a formula that…

1. calculates the difference between the number of days since a record was created and a field has initially had content entered into it.
    –> 1a) If field is blank, it would calculate the number days between record created and today

2. If the number of days between record created and field has initially had content put into it is greater than 14 days, it returns an emoji ( :stop_sign: )
    –>2a) if the number of days between a record created and a field updated is 14 days or less, it returns an emoji ( :green_heart: ).

Is this possible?

16 Replies 16
IF(
   IS_BEFORE(
      TODAY(),
      {Next Update}
   ),
   “💚”,
   “🔴”
)

Thank you so much for your help!

AnnicaT
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

How would I go about modifying this one step further?

I have columns for date an invoice is made {Invoice date} and a date for last date for payment {Last date for payment}. In a new column I use the following folmula

IF(
    {Invoice date}=BLANK(),
    '',	IF(
   IS_BEFORE(
      TODAY(),
      {Last date for payment}
   ),
   "☑️",
   "🔴"
)) 

No problems so far, but I would like to include that it checks if it’s payed or not in another column called {Payment date} (datefield).
If paid I want it to return :white_check_mark: .

How would I achieve this?

IF(
 {Payment Date},
 "✅",
 IF(
    {Invoice date}=BLANK(),
    '',	IF(
   IS_BEFORE(
      TODAY(),
      {Last date for payment}
   ),
   "☑️",
   "🔴"
)))

Thank you so much!
I swear that was the very first thing I tried, but admittingly I was a bit more tired than ideal when I tried it, so odds are I had a comma out of place or simmilar. Thank you!

Dakota-Bushnell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m attempting to use something much like this for my personal airtable base when it comes to budgeting and tracking my income/expenses. I essentially am trying to put together the formula that states "If {Last Paid Date} is within X days ago, “Current”, but if longer than X days ago, “Past Due”. I thought I had it figured out but my formulas just don’t work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Airtable now has a field type called “last date modified”. If you create a new field with that type you can select it to watch any field, or a specific one. You can then reference that in a formula field. In this example, “LastMod” is my “Last Date Modified” field. It watches another field in my table. The formula is first looks to see if there is a date in LastMod, and if there is continues to compare to a timeframe (greater than 3 minutes) and then enters the information.

IF({LastMod},IF(DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),{LastMod},‘minutes’)>3,“Past Due”,“Current”))

Hope this helps