440 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sydney_Brown
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to get the total number of projects on which a person participated, but did not own.

Projects table has ‘project owner’ and ‘other project participants’.

Team table uses Count to get the total number of projects owned by each member. But, I am unsure how to get a total number for how many projects the team member was a participant, but not the owner.

Please share any ideas you have on this. Thank you.

/s

2 Replies 2

I’m not totally sure I understand how your tables are set up without seeing it for myself, but I suspect that you can use some of the techniques described in this support article for conditional rollups. Basically, you’ll need to create a new formula field with an IF statement, and rollup that field.

I figured out a solution and recognizing that my first roll-up field was actually counting the projects on which the person was involved, but not the owner. Doh. After that, I went to my projects table and created a field for the roll-up using a conditional. If the project owner id is found in the project id field, put a “1” in the cell. I was then able to do a roll-up on this field for the total number of projects owned by the individual.

Thank you for responding, though. Your prompt got me to reconsider the problem and I have found a solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

/s