876 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using Airtable to track basic interactions about our program members - there are many data elements we capture (like if our members want to be anonymous) and I want to be able to calculate if anonymous = Yes / Total Members. That seems so simple, am I missing something obvious on how to do this??

9 Replies 9

Hi @Pamela_Hannon,

Do you want to calculate it is the same table or a different table?

There are several ways to do so, for example you can Group By Yes/No, this will give you the number you are looking for if you choose the summary as % .

BR,
Mo

Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Mohamed_Swellam -
It’s in a different table - the feedback is captured in one table and feeds into the directory.
Would love to hear any ideas!

Please show me a screenshot of the tables to give you a better idea.

One idea is to have linked fields and rollup the results

Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Second screenshot is from the feedback form - I’m capturing Yes or No answers in the
‘would you recc?’ and the first screenshot is the provider directory - I’ve figured out how to count how many feedback forms there are and the answers but not the percent pieceScreenshot 2020-04-04 at 12.56.16 PM Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 12.55.57 PM

Ok so you would do the following:

1. In the Name field in the Providers table, the formula should include the Yes or No. So it would be something like Dr Smith, Yes. (this is in case you want to do it by Provider, not in general).

2. The Use Provider Again should be a linked field to the other table, i.e.: it will be the first field in the 2nd table.

3. Make a field that is only used to count, it should be a number field with the default text 1, the existing records will have to be edited manually.

4. You can then need to rollup 2 fields, the Yes / No Field, and the new number field. This will give you the total of Yes and No and the total number of forms.

5. If you want to do it by the provider, you will need a 3rd table.

BR,
Mo

Pamela_Hannon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @Mohamed_Swellam - just want to clarify: In the Providers table we don’t know whether or not they are recommended - we collect this info each time feedback is given so 1 provider could have many response. Does that change your recommendation at all? I think maybe that wasn’t clear based on the steps recommended in 1 from your prior response. Thank you!!

Yes @Pamela_Hannon, that was clear. That is why i asked you want the numbers in general or for each provider separately.

The steps are the same.

@Mohamed_Swellam Ok, just to clarify then, each provider in the providers table will have the providers name (Dr Smith) and then each Yes or No answer that has been provided on the feedback form?

Disregard the first step for now, make the other steps. If you want, send me a view link to your base and I will do it for you and send it back.