2224 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annette_Langan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Has anyone else had a view fail to sync after syncing just fine for a long time? I have several views from several tables in a source base all syncing to another base. All but one are still fine. No matter what I do, that one table will not sync anymore! I’ve tried refreshing the sync, changing which view is synced, creating a new sync in the same recipient base, and even syncing that same view/table into other test bases, and it will not work anywhere. Airtable Support was baffled as well.

2 Replies 2

Occam’s razor - you deleted/renamed something you shouldn’t have, resulting in an impossible or dizzyingly loopy schema. Or someone with access to your base did. I’d suggest making a backup, restoring your base to an earlier version which you are certain allowed the use case you’re describing, and compare the two, property by property.

We can speculate here as much as we want but oddities such as this one are a large part of the reason backups exist in the first place; troubleshooting them manually, as you have hopefully realized by now, is a highway to looney land. :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Ryan_Carpenter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

When this happened to me, here is how I solved the problem (mostly):

1. Enable selective sync in the target base
  2. Disable all but the primary field. :white_check_mark: success
  3. Enable some fields. :white_check_mark: success
  4. Enable some more until … :negative_squared_cross_mark: failure
  5. Disable one at a time to isolate the offender. :white_check_mark: success
  6. Remove offender from view in source base, and re-enable sync of all fields in the target base. :white_check_mark: success
  7. Create new copy of field—it was a rollup field—in source base. :negative_squared_cross_mark: failure
  8. (a) Create new copy of underlying linked field in source base, (b) add a test value in the linked field, (c) redirect rollup to new linked field. :white_check_mark: success
  9. Paste data from old linked field into new linked field. :white_check_mark: success
  10. Update new field names to original values (hoping for success but expecting failure). :negative_squared_cross_mark: failure
  11. Back to step 8, but using the same rollup field. :negative_squared_cross_mark: failure

It looks like starting over at step 7 might work, but I stopped here for now.