cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atusr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

i created a table for Purchase Orders (POs), and a sub/child-table for the Order Lines (OLs).

Example:
PO-1
OL-1
OL-2

PO-2
OL-1
OL-2
Etc

What formulas or workaround do you recommend me to get a column at the OL table with the Order Line Number automatically starting again from 1 each time that the first line of a PO is created?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This thread talks about how to do this:

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hmm, this seems like it’d be easy enough to do but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to do this easily

The best thing I can come up a script that will set your order line numbers for you based on the linked purchase order, activated either by a button or an automation, but that seems super complicated for this

Lemme know if that’s something you want to deal with and I’ll see what I can do. Hopefully somebody else has an idea of how to do this without scripting

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This thread talks about how to do this:

I’m too sleepy for longread, but i think, logic is clear (for automation) - when OL links to PO, use count of PO links to number OL. You can’t use value of PL which is not trigger, but you can evaluate it from ‘other side’ - by Find records - length

just for example (during test i decided to install ‘parent’ value)

Great & simple solution, @Alexey_Gusev! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :raised_hands: :sparkles: