1084 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Lindop
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two columns that I’ve inserted into Page Designer. They have similar content, but the column widths are different, and I can’t see a control to manage this.

Is it possible/what determines how wide each column is? It can’t be random…?!

5 Replies 5
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Page designer has made leaps and bounds in the past year, but this is a feature that could make it even better. I’m not sure what dictates the column widths, but more often than not, I wish I could resize them.

Robert_Hill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, does anyone have an update on this one?
My column widths are set randomly and I can’t see how to adjust them
Thanks

Tim_Fusco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same issue. A workaround until Airtable creates the ability to set column width in page designer:

Name your columns something like “ColumnName …” where each column has the name you want displayed then a space then a series of repeating characters (either dots, dashes or underscores work well here). I assume the software see this as one big ‘word’ and adjusts the column widths to try an fit this big word. So each of my columns has a name, space, then a series of these repeating characters. By playing with the number of repeating characters in each heading you can get fairly good control of the column widths. Of course your headings will then have this second row below them with these special characters, but that’s not a huge deal for my application at least.

Also interested in this. The hack doesn’t quite work at the moment.

Megan_Morris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable, would love to see this addressed! Thanks.