Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Pivot Not Grouping

Topic Labels: Extensions
541 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been using the AirTable Pivot App for over a year to summarize data. Today, after a few months, I looked and for some reason on one of my existing pivots that has been in place for a year, the row variable is showing every value instead of aggregating. I checked the variable and it looks right (no weird duplicates or strange spelling). It works using the Group command on the grid view. I tried deleting and recreating the pivot, but same problem. The pivot works for other variables, but I get the same problem when the variable is brought into the table using the LookUP command, even when that command works using Group and even when that variable was previously aggregating in the pivot. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

I’ve been having the same issues with lookup fields and pivot tables. The short term hack is making a formula field that uses the lookup table value and then using the formula field in your pivot table. Otherwise this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I am also having the same issue:

I am using a pivot table app where the Column grouping field is a lookup field. This has worked well for the last year but in the last week it is repeating columns.
So I have a number of statuses and those statuses have a reporting state recorded against them. The Reporting state field is a lookup of the reporting state from the status record. On investigation of the pivot I found that the additional columns were matching to the statuses rather than the looked up reporting state.
Within the airtable table itself, grouping by the looked up reporting state works as expected and returns one group per reporting state.
We use this pivot table for reporting to senior management and we would really like it fixed.

I am having the same issue with one of my new pivot tables. It worked correctly last week and this week began displaying repeating columns. The data looks fine inside of the table, so I’m not sure where the problem lies.