625 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fernando_Martin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I searched for this, but I could only find similar results – but not the result I need.

I have a Purchase Order table and a PO_ITEMS table where I create one line for each item I’m buying. I need to control serial numbers of these items, so each record is later linked to a sale.

What I need is to create the PO, add the PO_ITEMS and in the end, have a pretty Purchase Order (Page Designer form) with the total quantity I need for each model. This is the form which will be sent to the manufacturer.

The examples I found show the Purchase Order with every line from the PO_ITEMS table, not a summarized table.

Can anyone help me? I’m attaching an image to help understanding.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 6.31.05 PM

3 Replies 3

In your PO table, you would create a linked record field, where you would link to all the line items for that particular PO.

Then, by using the Page Designer App, you can create a pretty looking PO. You would create this from the context of the PO table, and you would add your linked record field onto this layout. You can display the linked record field as a “table” (that’s one of your options), and you can choose which columns you want to appear in your “table”.

However, note that the Page Designer app is EXTREMELY limited in its features & capabilities, so you need to choose in advance the maximum number of line items that you think you will need as part of your table. You would extend your table vertically as long as you think you’ll need it to be. Airtable won’t print beyond that.

Airtable also has difficulty handling documents that extend beyond one page, although there are some hacks to make it semi-work. Ideally, I would try to keep each PO to under one page.

Hey @ScottWorld , thanks for taking your time.

What you described is what I currently have and what’s depicted on the image I sent. The issue is the table in Page Designer shows every record in PO_ITEMS and not a summary of them. For instance, it doesn’t sum the quantity of Product A for that particular PO, to show one line only for Product A. It shows instead, each of the records with the quantity = 1.

Here’s a real example.
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 6.51.58 PM

As you can see, the two lines are linked to to the same record in the Products table, but showing 1.0 instead of one line showing 2.0.

I hope I made it clearer now.

Oh, I see what you’re saying. Off the top of my head, I’m not sure of a way to accomplish this. I’m about to jump into a meeting, but I’ll brainstorm on this. Maybe someone else can chime in with some of their thoughts.

It’s possible that you might need to automate the process of creating the “summarized line items” into a completely different line items table that link back to the original PO record. This could be accomplished through JavaScripting or by using Integromat.

Maybe there’s an easier way… will think about this.