2337 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Pippin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having trouble prefill-ing a “checkbox” field.

I’ve followed the guide on the support forum (I’m not allowed to link it here for some reason)

and everything works, except for my checkbox field. I’ve tried “1” “true” “checked” (which is stored in the table/grid view tied to this form). None of these work. What is the proper value to pass in URL parameter to have this field “checked” on load?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura_Wittig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, it’s possible. Set the checkbox value to equal 1, like below:

?prefill_Form%20Checkbox=1

See Solution in Thread

13 Replies 13
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Mark_Pippin

I did a quick search and I managed to find some information about prefilling in forms, I don’t know if you saw this:

Hope it helps!

Mary

Mark_Pippin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I did see that, but the forum wouldn’t let me link it.

Following that has me successfully pre-filling all values except the elusive checkbox field I mentioned.

Laura_Wittig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, it’s possible. Set the checkbox value to equal 1, like below:

?prefill_Form%20Checkbox=1

Laura -

Does a variation of that exist for, say, ratings as well?

I wasn’t familiar with the “Rating” type of input, but I just tried it out and yes, you can use numerical values to prefill the number of stars award, etc. Same syntax:

?prefill_Review=3

Thanks Laura,

I’m not sure what I was doing wrong when I posted this question, and would have swore I tried the provided, but I guess I didn’t (or code silently changed since?)

Anyway, your answer is working perfectly for me today. Now I can prefill that checkbox and stop clicking it manually. (It was such a minor inconvenience I put the issue on the back burner)

Thanks again.

Ryan_Durkin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey guys, I could use your help. I have a form with a checkbox I would like checked by default when someone fills out the form. The field I’d like to have checked is “Helping”. the below doesn’t seem to be working. Any advice?

url?_Helping=1

This is what you would use:

url?prefill_Helping=1

If you have more advanced prefilling needs, you may want to check out this app which @kuovonne created, which helps you construct your URLs properly:

I tried that and for some reason it didn’t work. Very strange.

Make sure your field name is spelled properly, and that you have the right capitalization for your field name. The capitalization matters.

K. I think it may not be working b/c I want the field to be hidden (not visible to the user). When I hide it, it puts the field in the left hand column rather than the form itself, so guessing it then makes the url obsolete?

Unfortunately, Airtable does not allow autofilling of hidden fields, and Airtable also won’t submit the value of any hidden fields, either.

In my opinion, this is a MAJOR limitation of Airtable.

I would suggest emailing support@airtable.com to ask them to please add this as a feature. I’ve asked them multiple times, but I don’t know how many other people are clamoring for this.

Julien_Mottet1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

for me the solution with “1” does not work.

prefill_Reminder="&ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT(‘TRUE’)

is the solution for me.