cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mack_zie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

We are using Airtable to do a content audit. We are using a form to capture the assessment data. The auditors must complete the form for each page of content. We have many pages, so they have to complete the form many times. On the form, we ask them to fill in their email address manually each time they complete the form. It currently is a drop-down field. We have had several requests to have this email field populated automatically with their email address. 

Does anyone know if this is possible? I have read online about pre-filling fields on a form, but it seems to be possible for specific values only. For example, I can pre-populate the name field with the value "John".

What I would like is the following:

Auditor 1
Email address: johndoe@email.com
Email field on form automatically filled in with his email: johndoe@email.com

Auditor 2: 
Email address: janesmith@email.com
Email field on form automatically filled in with his email: janesmith@email.com

Auditor 3:
Etc.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's a toggle button that will add the submitters name to a CREATED BY field. It won't autopopulate, but it will be there when the form is submitted. It requires everyone to have a login so it can't be a public form.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hi @mack_zie ,

You could take your form shared link and create dynamically prepopulated link with a formula field. Example:

"https://airtable.com/shruabcd?prefill_Email="&ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT(Email)

In case of email the ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT is optional, so you could use just:

However if you want to use prefill Name or any other value that have characters like space that will break the URL the ENCODE_URL_COMPONENT will help.

Let me know if that solves your case? 😁

Hi @Greg_F 

Thanks for responding 🙂

We currently have 1 field on the form that is already being pre-filled. Here is the current formula:
"https://airtable.com/shr1se?prefill_Link to Manual pages="&RECORD_ID()
This works well. I tried to add the email to this link, but can't seem to figure out how to prefill multiple fields. How would I add the email to this link? I tried this, but it doesn't work:
"https://airtable.com/shr1seG7zKzYXY4cC?prefill_Link to Manual pages=&RECORD_ID()&prefill_Email="&{Auditor Name}

I can get the auditor name to be prefilled, but not both.

I actually don't want the auditor name, but the name of the person who is completing the form. Is there a way to grab the Airtable user account name or email?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

There's a toggle button that will add the submitters name to a CREATED BY field. It won't autopopulate, but it will be there when the form is submitted. It requires everyone to have a login so it can't be a public form.

This is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks for pointing it out - much appreciated!