3995 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Daniel_Har
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I run a small non-profit and we use Airtable to track all of our donors/volunteers/etc. I want to do address labels for a mailing. We currently have the columns set up as First Name, Spouse Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip.

1. Is there an easy way to print labels from Airtable?
  2. If the best way is to export, then how do I get around that my columns are too specific (ie I need First, Spouse, Last name to be one line, and City, State, Zip to be one line).

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can’t you do this?

See Solution in Thread

21 Replies 21

I think the best way is the Page Designer block, but you need a Pro account to use the blocks. You have discounts for nonprofits: https://airtable.com/shr9DxhP6lU9slZE6

Amy_Martz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same question.

So you have the same answer.

Amy_Martz

Wow. What a rude response.

Your line was, “Were you able to solve the problem?”

We’re you able to solve the problem?

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz didn’t link to the info on the Page Designer Block, which is here:
https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013405168-Page-designer-block

I’d say using the “business card” page size is your best bet, and as long as each record (row) has each piece of info that you need to be on the label, you can design the label once and then apply it to all records. And I’m pretty sure they have a “print all records” option too.

So the Page Designer Block really is the best tool for this in Airtable.

I don’t like to overwhelm the user with too many information, I prefer to point the user in the right track. If s/he likes the clue I left, it’s pretty easy to find the link or the information needed, even asking again :winking_face: I don’t like neither to give “all done” to the user, they have to understand and work their part.

All dependes on the eye of the reader, anyway your message adds nothing but noise. I reentered the forum after days being sick, and a lot of threads were updated with useless messages.

I don’t understand, the line of who?

I would like to communicate with Elias’ & Jeremy’s supervisor’s.

Amy L Martz, JD, MPA, MEd

Hannah_Stevenso

I’m risking wrath here but I am also trying to print labels and did install the block to try and do it.

Unfortunately the custom size option only allows you to create a size in pixels, not mm which I would need for my labels sheet (Avery standard type). Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Hannah

I’m having same issue, and I’ve wasted enough time trying to figure it out in Airtable so I’m downloading as CSV into excel and doing a merge into Word like I would any other mailing list. I love love love Airtable but Page Designer needs serious upgrades. It’s too basic at this point. Looking forward to seeing how Page Designer will change over time.

Can’t you do this?

Great idea, but unfortunately this doesn’t work with Avery labels, as the margins around each label are not uniform, and you can’t control the individual margins when outputting to print in Airtable.

Wayne_Olson

Unfortunately, the only way to get labels from contact data in Airtable is to export a CSV and then load into mail merge (I use the Avery Chrome extension with Google Docs).

One thing I’ve done to handle the issue of mailing to contacts with spouses or significant others, where you would want to address both parties on the label while also avoiding sending two mailpieces to a single household, is this:

• Create a formula field named “Mail Greeting”
  • Designate one of the contacts as the primary contact by way of a checkbox field
  • Created a linked record field to link each contact to a spouse/significant other, if applicable

The formula for the Mail Greeting field is used to input either a single person’s name, for households where you are addressing just one contact, or both the primary contact and the spouse’s/SO’s name.

Here’s the formula I use:

IF({Spouse / SO} = BLANK(), {Name}, IF(AND({Spouse / SO} != BLANK(), {Primary Contact} = TRUE()), {Name} & " & " & {Spouse / SO}, BLANK()))

For two contact households, the output would be, e.g., John Smith & Jess Smith.

I used a free “mm to pixel” conversion calculator page on the web (Google is your friend) and plugged the measurements into the Page Designer for a 21 up label page. Couple more tweaks with the margins and you’re 98% there…

Additionally I think that this is a needed upgrade to Airtable to have a functional native way to print labels. The workaround is described above do not take into account that one might be printing images as well on a label.

Well … after thinking I had it al worked out I can categorically say that Airtable is a complete waste of time for label printing. Hopeless and useless. Don’t even bother.

FYI for anyone else trying to print directly from Airtable to Avery labels (or other), I used a free mm to pixel converter, played around with the label size (px) on Airtable based on this, and adjusted the record padding (px) and the page margin (px) and managed to make it line up pretty well. Had to waste a few label sheets, but probably only took around 30 mins all up for a satisfactory result. Beats exporting and importing data!

I’m not able to get the records to print in a grid, for this to work. I chose that option when printing, but they came out one per page. Is there another setting somewhere to make this work?

Hi @Carol_Mason, did you set your record size in Settings to the intended label size (e.g. “business card” or custom)?

TheDish_VIP

Anybody got any updates here?
I am baffled by the fact that this is so complex. It seems like such a basic functionality, and I’m left once again with the feeling that I have spent copious hours compiling data and preparing it for use, and then completely stumped when trying to actually WORK with that data.

This is not working for you?

Laura_Cota
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was looking for the specs to print from Page Designer to Avery Label 5160 (30 per page), and couldn’t find in any chat room or airtable template. After 10 pages of test paper, I got some workable settings. They are not perfect; but thought they might help someone:
Print Settings for Avery Label 5160:

Record Size: 280 x 106

X/Y position: 20 / 20

Font: Inter 14, 1.4 line height

Print from Chrome: Grid, Record padding- 0, page margin 40