cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Murray1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Greetings All,

I am interested in using Airtable for project management. I would like to get the structure of the project plan(s) organized properly so that I do not find out later that I put a lot of work into it and got it wrong.

Ultimately, I would like to have one high level Gannt chart that shows the timelines for multiple projects. Beyond that, I would like to customize each project differently.

For our Core System Project for we would have a list of features for each aspect of the development project as well as a list of tasks and mockups.

We will have integrations to other systems that I would like to define as sub-projects of main development project.

Beyond that and at the same level as our Core System Project, we would like include other projects such as Marketing, Social Media Engagement, Training Programs, Supplier Onboarding, Country Rollout Plan, etc. These other projects would have tasks, but not features.

So can I create multiple projects and have them all visible in one Gantt chart?

Also, am I better off creating this from a template or from scratch?

Thanks for your thoughts or pointing me to where the organization of projects is discussed.

Thanks!!

Paul

2 Replies 2
Xenia_Nealon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just asked the same question today so lets see what we get back :slightly_smiling_face:

Paul_Murray1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Xenia,

I found a post that referred me to this workspace:

From that, I was able to figure out that I need to create various tables (for me) as High Level Project Items, Sub-Project Categories, Feature Categories and Tasks. For each table I can describe an item along with a newly created Lookup column, I can refer to the higher level table in Project, Sub-Projects or Features.

So I am now able to create something that looks like the example, but more from a project management / feature view.

Best,

Paul