631 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllTime_Moving
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have seen posts dating back to 2016 asking for the ability to lock (protect) data at the field level, but I do not see that this issue has been resolved.

Not being able to protect critical data is a serious concern for me in our organization. It is far too easy for someone to overwrite a record - with no warning whatsoever - and the user might not even notice that they did so.

I would love to see the ability to lock a field once the data has been retrieved for use in other systems, or to lock a record entirely once all info has been collected. Using separate views to achieve this is not practical, but looks to be the only way to accomplish this.

Please tell me I’m wrong and that there is a workaround for this.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, there is no record-level locking ability in Airtable, but that would be a very nice feature to have. However, you can get this feature by paying extra for MiniExtensions.com and use that as your editing interface instead of Airtable’s interface.

Fields can be locked, but not dynamically based on their contents.

Be sure to send your feature requests to support@airtable.com.

We do have MiniExtensions - I will check that out. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll also send in a feature request. I’ve seen many posts related to this going back to 2016, so it doesn’t appear to be high on the list, sadly.

Thanks for your reply!

tbranton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did the MiniExtensions work for you? I'm wanting to lock records as well.