179 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmeredith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have published a form and used the helper text as a description for some fields. When I preview the form within my account, it looks great. When I try to use incognito mode or a different account to view the form, the helper text is missing. Can someone help?Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.55.43 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 at 9.55.35 AM.png

5 Replies 5

Are you certain that you published the form again after adding the helper text?

You may also want to disable any web browser extensions that you have installed, in case they might be interfering. Also, I would try it in a different web browser altogether. 

If you still can’t get it work, I would open a support ticket with support@airtable.com, and you can always turn to Fillout in the meantime until you get it resolved.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

cmeredith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The helper text has been on since I initially published the form. I have tried two browsers, Safari & Chrome, each with no extensions installed.

Hm, I tried replicating your issue but the helper text worked fine for me I'm afraid.  If you can share a read only invite link to a duplicated copy of your base with no records in it I'd be happy to see what I can figure out!

harrycoastbrah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Having the same issue - tried different browsers and republishing, but no helper text is showing on a public form (not logged in view)

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm, very weird… I’m not seeing this issue on my end, so it must be a bug that’s affecting some Airtable customers but not others.

Be sure to report it to support@airtable.com, and in the meantime, I would recommend using Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Fillout offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more.

— Scottworld, Expert Airtable Consultant