Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Pull data from one field and add it to another field in the same table?

Solved
Jump to Solution
813 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fodcj
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a single table where I have different columns for Town, County, Region etc. I then have a Description field with some generic copy but at the end I want to automatically add the Town name within its row (see image).

E.g. Town: Aaron's Hill

Description:  Welcome to the beautiful town of {Town}

Seems like a fairly basic requirement but I've done a lot of Google searching and I can't find the answer. Any help very much appreciated  🙏

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 9.29.36 am.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would create a formula field that looks like this:

"Welcome to the town of " & {Town}

Hope this helps! You can learn even more about formula fields in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning. 

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You will need to add another ampersand (the & symbol) before your quoted text. You use that symbol to connect different pieces of text in your formula. 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would create a formula field that looks like this:

"Welcome to the town of " & {Town}

Hope this helps! You can learn even more about formula fields in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning. 

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

fodcj

Thanks @ScottWorld . That worked for what I described.  I then tried to add two parts to the sentence so the  'Town' appears in the middle but this through an error. Is there a way to do the below?

"We are your go-to partner in " & {Town} ". Whether you're a homeowner tackling a DIY project or a construction professional managing a large-scale job, we've got you covered. With us, its easy and affordable."

System said: Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You will need to add another ampersand (the & symbol) before your quoted text. You use that symbol to connect different pieces of text in your formula. 

fodcj

Your a star, thanks @ScottWorld   🙏